Monday, November 24, 2008

Though the enemy attacks..

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Thank God for all He does! And no I'm not just posting this because it's Thanksgiving time.. I mean it. This past week a situation went from bad to worse! But with His blessing, my family is still together and going strong. Even though the enemy tries throwing tons of things at us (and me) like: financial argument with the man, brother sent to Jack's, Aunt has lung cancer, temptation..etc. Even though temptation is my biggest problem. I fear him no longer. The enemy has no place in my life.

Though sometimes he tries (REALLY HARD) to get a foot hold in our lives, we know that we have power over him. When he makes obvious attacks on me, I know it is him and not the Lord so I can instantly rebuke him. For the other, not so obvious, times I will probably mess up but I have a God who is loving and forgiving! This verse is just a reminder that God has everything and we shouldn't want from him.
He will in fact, lead me to places where I can be sustained and find rest. He will bring healing to my heart, He will lead me from there on paths that are right and good. Even in the darkest of paths, when the most prominent of evil exists in my life, my fears are calmed because I know he is there with me. Praise Jesus! He is an awesome God and I will thank him everyday of my life!
So this is just a simple reminder for anyone who is going through troubles, big or small, He is with you!
On a brighter note: I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving with the fam bam and going to Monterey.. I'm also looking forward to December because of Christmas and maybe, hopefully a surprise :):) And check out the Birthday countdown, HOLLAR! :)


No comments: